February 28–March 6, 2022 Come, Follow Me Songs
Call for volunteers!
While my assistant Terri and I are happy to keep producing the weekly Come, Follow Me list as-is, we also have some ideas for improvements. If you (or someone you know) would be interested in joining our all-volunteer team to work on any of the following projects, we’d love to have you! Click here to sign up.
- Create a printable version of the weekly CFM list (30-60 min/week)
- Create Spotify, YouTube, etc. playlists based on the weekly CFM music list (1-2 hours per week)
- Become a regular contributor to the weekly CFM music list, freeing up time for me to work on the rest of the improvements. Also, with more contributors, we may be able to publish much further in advance (a month or more), as some have requested. (Choose to spend as little as 15 minutes or as much as 1-2 hours per week)
- Work on the back-end of the website (intermediate/advanced WordPress experience needed), including migrating the site to a new, easier-to-remember domain name! (possibly 20 hours upfront, then a small amount of time ongoing)
- Help catalog and tag music that’s not in the Hymns or Children’s Songbook. E.g. youth music, songs published in the church magazines, music not published by the church, etc. The goal of this is to have a topical index of all of these songs. (Time commitment could be a few minutes to hours depending on your interest and availability.)
- Help revise and update the resources section of website (5-10 hours total, can be spread out or done all at once)
- Make audio and/or video recordings of lesser-known hymns, songs from Church magazines (time commitment TBD
- Improve disability accessibility for the website (e.g. making sure all pictures have alternate text, etc.) (15-20 minutes per week)
- Establish and maintain social media pages for Music for Latter-day Life (time commitment TBD)
Click here to sign up.
Thanks for your support!
“Surely the Lord Is in This Place”
I am promised the blessings of Abraham in the temple. (Genesis 28; 29:1–18)
- I Love to See the Temple CS95 (especially verse 2)
- Rise, Ye Saints, and Temples Enter H287
- Holy Temples on Mount Zion H289
- Nearer, My God, to Thee H100 (inspired by Jacob’s dream)
The Lord remembers me in my trials. (Genesis 29:31–35; 30:1–24)
- He Is There (March 2022 Friend, by Pinborough/Howe)
- I’ll Stand Tall (January 2016 Friend, by Pinborough/Perry)
- Close as a Quiet Prayer (March 2019 Friend, by Sally DeFord)
- How Firm a Foundation H85, all verses
- Lean on My Ample Arm H120
- Though Deepening Trials H122
- Come unto Jesus H117
- Watch and Listen (Nashville Tribute Band)
- Watch and Listen (Tabernacle Choir)
- Does the Journey Seem Long? H127
- The Lord Is My Light H89
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul H102
- Master, the Tempest Is Raging H105
The Savior can help us overcome discord in our families. (Genesis 32–33)
- What Family Means to Me (2017 Youth Album)
- Sacred Music App, Youth Music
- Watch and Listen
- Help Me, Dear Father CS99
- O Love That Glorifies the Son H295, especially verses 2 and 4
- Home Can Be a Heaven on Earth H298
- Let Us Oft Speak Kind Words H232
*These songs are especially appropriate for young children. For a topical index of more Primary Songs that are great for young children, see the Ideas page.
For suggestions about how to use this music list, see the Ideas page.