Call for volunteers!
While my assistant Terri and I are happy to keep producing the weekly Come, Follow Me list as-is, we also have some ideas for improvements. If you (or someone you know) would be interested in joining our all-volunteer team to work on any of the following projects, we’d love to have you! Click here to sign up.
- Create a printable version of the weekly CFM list (30-60 min/week)
- Create Spotify, YouTube, etc. playlists based on the weekly CFM music list (1-2 hours per week)
- Become a regular contributor to the weekly CFM music list, freeing up time for me to work on the rest of the improvements. Also, with more contributors, we may be able to publish much further in advance (a month or more), as some have requested. (Choose to spend as little as 15 minutes or as much as 1-2 hours per week)
- Work on the back-end of the website (intermediate/advanced WordPress experience needed), including migrating the site to a new, easier-to-remember domain name! (possibly 20 hours upfront, then a small amount of time ongoing)
- Help catalog and tag music that’s not in the Hymns or Children’s Songbook. E.g. youth music, songs published in the church magazines, music not published by the church, etc. The goal of this is to have a topical index of all of these songs. (Time commitment could be a few minutes to hours depending on your interest and availability.)
- Help revise and update the resources section of website (5-10 hours total, can be spread out or done all at once)
- Make audio and/or video recordings of lesser-known hymns, songs from Church magazines (time commitment TBD
- Improve disability accessibility for the website (e.g. making sure all pictures have alternate text, etc.) (15-20 minutes per week)
- Establish and maintain social media pages for Music for Latter-day Life (time commitment TBD)
Click here to sign up.
Thanks for your support!
“God Meant It unto Good”
“God sent me before you to preserve you.” (Genesis 45:1–8; 50:20)
- He Sent His Son CS34
- Help Us, O God, to Understand CS73b (also Christ)
- Jesus of Nazareth, Savior and King H181 (also Christ)
- Listen (Instrumental)
- Reverently and Meekly Now H185, especially verses 3-4 (also Forgiveness, Christ)
- Listen (Instrumental)
- Come Unto Christ (2014 Youth Music) (also Forgiveness)
Forgiveness brings healing. (Genesis 45; 50:15–21)
- Help Me, Dear Father CS99
- Did You Think to Pray H140 (verse 2)
- Lord I would Follow Thee H220 (also Preserve)
My trials can be for good. (Genesis 45:3–11; 50:19–21)
- Does the Journey Seem Long? H127
- How Firm a Foundation H85, especially verses 3-5
- The Lord Is My Light H89
- The Lord Is My Shepherd H108, H316
- Cast Thy Burden upon the Lord H110
Preparation allows us to endure difficult times. (Genesis 47:13-26)
- Build an Ark
- Today, While the Sun Shines H229
Judah’s blessing points to Jesus Christ. (Genesis 49:9–11, 24–25)
- Joy to the World H201
- O Savior, Thou Who Wearest a Crown H197
“A seer shall the Lord my God raise up.” (Genesis 50:24–25; Joseph Smith Translation, Genesis 50:24–38 in the Bible appendix)
- On a Golden Springtime CS88, verse 3
- Come, Sing to the Lord H10
- Now We’ll Sing with One Accord H25
*These songs are especially appropriate for young children. For a topical index of more Primary Songs that are great for young children, see the Ideas page.
For suggestions about how to use this music list, see the Ideas page.